Medicare Supplement Plan C
Medicare Supplement Plan C is one of the strongest Medicare Supplement plans or Medigap policies, providing coverage for almost all of the original Medicare coinsurance and copayment requirements. It only lacks one benefit, and that is coverage against Part B Excess Charges. While excess charges are rare, some states allow doctors to charge up to 15% more than what Medicare would normally cover for a service. determined. The Medicare term for what they consider customary and customary is known as Medicare assignment. A doctor can accept Medicare, but not accept Medicare assignment, and therefore reserves the right to charge you an additional 15%.
As you can see in the graphic above, Medicare Supplement Plan C will provide you with excellent coverage for the following expenses:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for inpatient hospital stays, including 365 additional days after your Medicare benefits are exhausted.
- Medicare Part B coinsurance for doctors and outpatient medical services.
- Medicare Part A copayment for hospice services.
- The first three pints of blood needed for any medical procedure.
- Medicare copay for skilled nursing facility stays
- Deductible for Part A
- Deductible for Part B
- 80% foreign travel emergencies up to a $50,000 lifetime benefit