Medicare Supplement Plan F
Medigap Plan F, known as the “Cadillac of Medicare supplement plans” is the most robust of all ten available plans. However due to recent legislation known as MACRA, Plan F has become limited in availability and only those Medicare beneficiaries who were eligible for Medicare Part A prior to January 1, 2020 can still access it. For anyone who started Medicare Part A on or after January 1, 2020 Plan F is not an option. But for those that can still purchase Plan F they will be pleased to know that it covers 100% of the required coinsurance or copayments built into Original Medicare Parts A and B.
As you can see in the graphic above, Medicare supplement Plan F will provide you with total coverage for all available coinsurance and copayment expenses listed below:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for inpatient hospital stays including an additional 365 days after your Medicare benefits are exhausted.
- Medicare Part B coinsurance for doctors and outpatient medical services.
- Medicare Part A copayment for hospice service.
- The first three pints of blood needed for any medical procedure
- Medicare copayment for stays in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Deductible Part A
- Deductible Part B
- Part B Excess Charges
- 80% of Foreign Travel Emergency up to a lifetime benefit of $50,000