Medicare Supplement Plan C
Medicare supplement Plan C is one of the more robust Medicare supplement plans or Medigap policies providing coverage for nearly all coinsurance and copayment requirements from Original Medicare. It only lacks one benefit, and that is coverage against Part B Excess Charges. While Excess Charges are rare, some states do allow doctors to charge up to 15% more than what Medicare would normally cover for any given service. Medicare’s term for what they consider usual and customary is known as Medicare Assignment. A doctor may accept Medicare, but not accept Medicare Assignment, and therefore reserve the right to charge you an additional 15%.
As you can see in the graphic above, Medicare supplement Plan C will provide you with excellent coverage for the following expenses:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for inpatient hospital stays including an additional 365 days after your Medicare benefits are exhausted.
- Medicare Part B coinsurance for doctors and outpatient medical services.
- Medicare Part A copayment for hospice service.
- The first three pints of blood needed for any medical procedure.
- Medicare copayment for stays in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Part A deductible
- Part B deductible
- 80% of Foreign Travel Emergency up to a lifetime benefit of $50,000
For additional information or any questions you may have on Medicare supplement Plan C, contact one of our licensed agents at 855-GO-AVILA or simply click the button below.