Medicare Supplement Plan D
Not to be confused with Medicare Part D for prescription drug coverage, Medicare supplement or Medigap Plan D used to be a fairly popular plan many years ago. And while it’s trying to make a comeback due to the recent MACRA legislation, availability is still quite limited. Plan D may not be the most robust of Medicare supplement plans, but it still offers excellent coverage and is generally one of the more cost-effective plans of choice. As a matter of fact, Plan D covers most of the same benefits Plan C does, with exception only to the Part B deductible.
As you can see in the graphic above, Medicare supplement Plan D will provide you with cost-effective coverage for the following expenses:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance for inpatient hospital stays including an additional 365 days after your Medicare benefits are exhausted.
- Medicare Part B coinsurance for doctors and outpatient medical services.
- Medicare Part A copayment for hospice service.
- The first three pints of blood needed for any medical procedure.
- Medicare copayment for stays in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Part A deductible
- 80% of Foreign Travel Emergency up to a lifetime benefit of $50,000
For additional information or any questions you may have on Medicare supplement Plan D, contact one of our licensed agents at 855-GO-AVILA or simply click the button below.